WOULDN'T LIFE BE PERFECT IF SWEATPANTS WERE SEXY, MONDAYS WERE FUN, JUNK FOOD DIDN'T MAKE YOU FAT, GIRLS DIDN'T CAUSE SO MUCH DRAMA, GUYS WEREN'T SO CONFUSING AND GOODBYES ONLY MEANT UNTIL TOMORROW?

miércoles, 14 de septiembre de 2011

Hackeschermarkt. Berlin meine Lieb (I)

Last summer I was in Berlin, I could say those were two of the best weeks in my whole life. I met great people, I improved my German and of course I got to know the city, which I found incredible. It's such a cosmopolitan place full of art and culture and amazing places.
One of the places I visited and liked the most was Hackeschermarkt. It was the old jew neighbourhood, so before the war it used to be an area full of industry and money. Some of the historical buildings are still there and have been improved, in fact one of
them is now a famous place for shopping and restaurants. It used to be a factory of textile goods before the war, and it still keeps its colorful decorations.
Hackeschermarkt has recently become one of the It areas in Berlin, it's full of designer shops and trendy restaurants and cafes where you can find international and exotic food and drinks.

By night it's a well-known place for going out too, there is plenty of bars and pubs around. A funny fact about the area is that when shops close, the streets suddenly become full of prostitutes and girls of the night.
I highly recomend visiting Hackeschermarkt either by day or by night, it's my personal number one choice for going out in Berlin.



Here's a view of one of the famous buildings of Hackeschermarkt, it is fu
ll of shops and cafes such as Starbucks Coffee.

A full view of beautiful Hackeschermarkt with the famous TV Tower of Alexanderplatz in the background.

The photo above shows the old textile factory from the inside, nowadays there are several restaurants and a cinema inside it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario